Sunday, April 19, 2009

Falling off the wagon

I started this blog with the very best of intentions. And for some time, things went well. I got up early or stayed up late and posted. Then .. I feel off the wagon. Other things kept creeping in my life:
  • like being elected to the Conservation District as a Supervisor
  • finding myself Chairperson of the Kenton County land Conservancy (our Chair resigned suddenly due to a family matter)
  • spring came and I began to spend hours out in my poor yard and garden in an attempt to conquer the onslaughter of mud

And with ever widening demands on my time, the blog got lost.

Looking back now it is easy to see that I set myself up. I acted out of habit and kept saying yes to everything that came my way.

My commitment to myself.. and eventually this will put in place my commitment to my blog is to reorganize my schedule and to take out low priority things... leaving room and space for what is really important.

On my to do list now is one big one.. to set aside blog time during the week. Treat it like any other important appointment and it will get done.

In the meantime, I am on my way to New York on Tuesday to participate in the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) National Literacy satellite media tour. I am honored to be one of 3 selected to participate.. and have a bit of the jitters that goes with live TV!

May prosperity be yours,

Mackey McNeill, CPA/PFS IAR

President and CEO

Mackey Advisors

www.CultivatingProsperity.com

859-331-7755 ext 103

No comments: